ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:40:47 GMT
peter reilly wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 April 2003 17:57, Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> Yes, it could be a problem. But running the risk of speaking yet another
>> anathema, I'm starting to believe the Jelly approach of using XML
>> namespaces is the right one...
> +1
> Seems simple to implement and fits in with current usage.
> Proposal:
>   * place and the jar file as
>     per bugzilla 17844

Eventually it can be an "" containing all kinds of

>   * have an antlib task that defines a name space for the
>     tasks/typedefs in the jar. - default is the global namespace.

We already have one, called "taskdef". It needs few changes to
support both tasks and types ( if we decide to support both ).

Or a new task that extends Definer and loads the descriptor automatically.

We can start simple with that, then add more as we need it ( from antlib
or elsewhere )

>   * use a variation of dynamictag or dynamicelement to
>     allow the datatypes to be used in supporting tasks / datatypes

View raw message