ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jene Jasper <>
Subject RE: The JavaCC and JJTree tasks....
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:52:21 GMT

I noticed your changes. I already downloaded JavaCC 3.0.

Enabling the taskdefs to work with both versions seems pretty straight

But I think it could be useful to make the taskdefs also work when both
versions are available. In which case there should be an optional attribute
to force the taskdef to use a specific version. If the attribute isn't
present the taskdef will figure out the required package name. If both are
available should it then default to 2.1 or 3.0.

Any suggestions for the attribute name: javaccversion "2.1" or "3.0" or
package "com" or "org" ?

Sincerely yours,

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 10:05, Jene Jasper wrote:
> I have some patches coming up for JavaCC and JJTree concerning some
> parameters and also an enhancement for a JJDoc taskdef (code is finished,
> only cvs -diff left on a nightly snapshot).
> I could look into a patch for version 3.0 added support this coming

That's cool... you saw my changes for JavaCC 3.0, right?  Just a package
name change?  Sounds like you're further along than I am....

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: