ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:36:01 GMT

Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote, On 22/04/2003 19.20:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would propose to that instead of <antlib> calling ruper,
> the rupper people can provide a <ruperautoload> task (or
> whatever other name you want) that will do all the finding and
> downloading and then will invoque <antlib>.
>
> If we do this, then we can concentrate here on the local <antlib>
> while someone else can take care of the external work.

Ok, agreed.
In reality, we already have it ;-)

In Centipede antlibs are called cents, and to get them it's called
<importcent>. Cents are versioned, can automatically <import> snippets,
can be autodownloaded, installed and shared, contain resources, and can
add tasks and types.

I'll keep it that way, and maybe it's better for all; architecturaly
speaking it also makes better layering and separation of concerns.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -