ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <>
Subject Re: antlib
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:53:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: antlib

Can you give us some pointers so that we can learn about these
Extension-Name and Extension-List elements and understand how they help out
for antlib ?
> To avoid other missunderstandings - I am not refering to the ClassPath
> manifest element, but to the "Extension-Name" and "Extension-List"
> in the manifest.
> It defines a hook that allows you to plug your own component factory.
> You get a namespace and element name as parameter, and you can return
> any ProjectComponent.
> It is used like the PropertyHelper ( i.e. a chain, any task can add
hooks ).
> Nothing fancy.
Can you supply some Hello World examples of what can be done with the
ComponentHelper task or give us pointers to such examples.

> I have no problem with using XML syntax and not properties- if it's a
> of ant, or something close enough. I'm -1 on combining antlib with
> roles and using the syntax in the proposal.
Which problem do you see with this notion of roles ? For me it is clear.

View raw message