ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FixCrLf extension
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:34:11 GMT
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Ernst Pl├╝ss <ernst_pluess@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Although FixCrLf basically does what I'm looking for I need some
> more features:
> a) checkout all the files with a wrong line ending
> b) fix them
> c) check them in

in CVS speak, you could simply run cvs update after running
<fixcrlf>.  The files with "correct" line ends will be the same as
before, so they wouldn't get reported as changed.

Review all files marked with "M" and commit after that.

> d) some kind of preview without touching a file

You could add a justcheck attribute or similar.  I'm just not
convinced that this would be useful in general.  <fixcrlf> simply
doesn't do anything when things are fine.

Stefan