ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for defaults.properties maintanance...
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:51:40 GMT
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:

> To solve this topic I'd like to clearify here which of the listed
> elements should be listed in the defaults.properties

Almost all of them are base classes that should not be listed or
utterly, totally deprected and removed task - the classes are still
there for people who may have used the API directly.

I think there is nothing listed, that should be in the properties
files.  The gory details:

> found in ant.jar: org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Exec.class Task
> found in ant.jar: org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/KeySubst.class Task
> found in ant.jar: org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/SendEmail.class Task

old, deprecated, gone.

> ProjectComponent, Task, TaskAdapter, AbstractCvsTask, ConditionBase,
> Definer, JDBCTask, MatchingTask, Pack, Unpack, AbstractFileSet
> DataType, BaseExtendSelector, BaseSelector, BaseSelectorContainer,
> CCMCheck, Continuus, ClearCase, DotnetCompile, AbstractMetamataTask,
> SOS, AbstractAccessTask, MSVSS, ImplementationSpecificArgument

base classes, not standalone (I think starbase.TreeBasedTask should
have been on your list as well 8-)

> UnknownElement

internal API part.

Stefan