ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/filters EscapeUnicodeTest.java
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:05:17 GMT
On 14 Mar 2003, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>   New filter <escapeunicode> that translates non-ASCII characters to
>   \u1234 escapes.

Maybe we want to rename that to <native2ascii>?  IIUC correctly it
does the same thing as the task or Sun's tool of that name (only that
the filter will also recode the latin-1 part (i.e. the eight but not
seven bit characters).

>   +  <target name="testEscapeUnicode" depends="init">

snip

>   +    <fixcrlf srcdir="result" eol="crlf">
>   +      <include name="escapeunicode.test"/>
>   +    </fixcrlf>
>      </target>

Became necessary as filtering copy converts the line ends to the
platform's version (and the original files from Antoine have DOS line
ends and contain binary characters so I had to commit them with -kb).

I'm not really sure whether this is expected behavior or a bug in
<copy>.

Stefan