ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cygwin tester needed
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:06:27 GMT
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Stefan Moebius <stmoebius@yahoo.com> wrote:

> warning: unportable BRE: `^/.*': using `^' as the first character of
> the basic regular expression is not portable;

That's funny.

The GNU man pages of expr(1) are a bit vague here (they talk about
"anchored" expressions in context of the : operator) - at least the
man pages installed on my RedHat 7.3 box.

The FreeBSD and Mac OS X pages state that a leading ^ would be added
implicitly and it seems to work on Solaris as well.  So I think we'll
go without the leading ^.  This seems to be POSIX.2 conformant as
well.

> So basically, the modification works as expected.

Great, thanks.

Stefan