ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Artima SuiteRunner Task
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:34:49 GMT
peter reilly wrote:

> I would include filters, mappers, conditions and selectors to
> the list.

I would exclude them :-)

Taks, types, mappers, filters, whatever are just ant components -
and they shouldn't need a special syntax from user perspective.

We shouldn't treat them ( or types, tasks ) as special - just plain
components that happen to perform different functions in the build file.

> A relatively simple mod to the core ant makes this
> possible (bugzilla 17199) basically get ConditionBase.java,
> AbstractFileSet, FilterChain implement DynamicConfigurator.
> and get UnknownElement (bugzilla 18312) call setProject
> earlier on created children.
> Mappers are a little different, I implemented a new
> attribute to handle this.

That's a possible solution, I'll take a look ( in few weeks
unfortunately..., hopefully this will be resolved by than by others :-).