ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: pointer to half-hearted official MS.NET ant-ish tool
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 05:48:02 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Not directly related, but I recently read that Maven similarly moved away
> from relative path to use absolute paths. They apparently prefix
> ${basedir} explicitly everywhere. I'm not following the dev forum, but
> thought the parallel was worth mentioning. --DD

Well - with the current <import> semantic, at least one use case will be
forced to use the same style.

My experience so far is that using not one, but multiple path
prefixes is very good - ${libdir}, ${classes}, ${docs}, etc.
The relative paths are very convenient and nice for quick builds
and to locate files in the source tree - but I for target files
I thing it's far better to use prefixes.

Costin