ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader and Properties handling behaviour
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:45:57 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Also, I'm a little concerned about violating the classloading hierarchy -
> it leads to Linkage errors in my experience. I have the same concern with
> the ClassLoader task.

The ClassLoader task is no longer using the classloading hierarchy - the
initial version did, and it resulted in the expected Linkage errors ( and
related workarounds ). This was needed in [embed] to work around ant1.5
limitations - but when I merged I removed all the hacks, they are not needed
in 1.6.

By default it'll just add more jars to the main ant loader - and rely on the
lazy creation of tasks.

The <classloader> task can be extended to deal with hierarchies and
direct/reverse delegation - but the most common use will be to extend the
main ant loader.

Costin