ant-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject [patch] [bugfix] IntrospectionHelper.java
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 10:47:39 GMT

While tracking down a bug in Jelly Ant tag library[1], I also found a
related bug in Ant:
(Not sure if this can be called a bug, rather it is an inconsistency)

createElement() method throws an BuildException, if the tag does not
support the specified element.

getElementType() method throws an BuildException, if the tag does not
support the specified element.

storeElement() method silently returns, if the tag does not support the
specified element.

See the inconsistency? Right now I sent a patch to Jelly Ant taglib that
works around this bug by first calling getElementType() and only if that
succeeds, it calls storeElement(). However, I hope this can be fixed in
Ant and we can remove that hack...?

Anyway, I fixed this issue and you can find the patch attached
(code&javadoc).

I also fixed the supportsNestedElement() check as it did not check for
nestedStorers, only for nestedCreators.

Rgds,
Neeme

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/20405