ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Artima SuiteRunner Task
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:52:25 GMT
As Dominique mentioned, what the Ant developers typically try to do
these days is push back on 3rd party integration built into Ant and let
these custom tasks live with the project they support.  It would be
easier for maintenance for us committers, since none of (probably) use
Artima SuiteRunner and it would house the tasks closest to those that
can support it best.

Another option would be to host the custom tasks at your own website or
Sourceforge and we'll gladly update the Ant documentation to refer
there.

Or keep lobbying and perhaps another Ant committer is interested in
adding this.  I have no objections, but I personally don't use
SuiteRunner and don't want to get into maintaining corresponding Ant
tasks myself.

	Erik