ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: Some library questions for the optional.jar stuff
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:07:46 GMT
I hadn't looked at this package from Borland yet but I took a look.

What you want to get it the "StarTeam Universal Client" download
(521ue.tar.gz) off the "downloads" page after you register.

Untar/unzip this, and run "java setup" against the untarred stuff and it
will install the program for you.  The starteam-sdk.jar is what you
need.  I have not tested this version, but I'm reasonably sure it will
work.  Holler if it doesn't.

I don't think you get the starteam-sdk.jar with the windows clients.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 8:29 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Some library questions for the optional.jar stuff

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that I'll have to compile a complete
optional.jar for next Monday. 8-)

OK, I've just now tried with an oldish fakeall.jar by Jon Skeet and the
goodies Gump puts onto my box and ran into the following problems:

    [javac] DDCreatorHelper.java:60: package javax.ejb.deployment does
not exist
    [javac] import javax.ejb.deployment.DeploymentDescriptor;

I do have ejb.jar from "ejb-2_0-fr-class.zip, i.e. what you get when you
click on 2.0 Final Release "Download Class Files", it doesn't seem to
contain the above package.  Do I need 2.1 final draft?  Something else?

and then there is

    [javac] StarTeamTask.java:56: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class BuildNumber
    [javac] location: package starteam
    [javac] import com.starbase.starteam.BuildNumber;

Borland offers a "StarTeam" evaluation download here
<http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_starteam.html>,
but before I register, I'd like to know whether the SDK part is what I
need (and whether I can at least install it from whatever I download, a
Windows installer won't do me any good and the page says that Windows
would be required).

Stefan