ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: 1.5.3?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:32:57 GMT
Do the archives produced at least continue to work as jars?  that is,
does the jar program still work with them as far as extraction, listing,
etc?  Is it only winzip that has the problem or do other programs have
the problem?

I don't understand why there is a problem with verifying the fix.
WinZIP is near-ubiquitous (although I don't use it myself).  I suppose
it will be fully tested with WinZIP before release, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 8:24 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: 1.5.3?

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Steve Cohen <SCohen@sportvision.com> wrote:

> For those who have not been following the traffic on this bug can
> someone please have a capsule summary about what breaks when you use
> it?  Is it the <zipfileset> only which is affected, or are things like

> <jar> affected as well?

webxml and applicationxml attributes use a <zipfileset> internally, so
they have problems as well.

The effect is that the files coming from these filesets get their
"external attributes" set in a way that seems to make them unreadable
and unextractable by WinZIP.

While Antoine's patch certainly fixes *a* bug in Zip, I'm not sure
whether it really fixes *the* bug - no WinZIP to either verify the bug
in 1.5.2 or its fix in CVS.

Stefan