ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject building optional tasks
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:53:40 GMT
I cannot be sure, but it seems that the procedure for building optional
tasks has migrated away from what it used to be.  I am trying to build
1.5.2 from the sources and unzipping the sources no longer creates a
lib/optional directory.  However, the lib/optional directory is still
needed even though I couldn't find anywhere within the documentation
that jars needed for optional tasks should be placed there in order to
be built into the optional.jar.

Finally, the Library Dependencies section of
http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html still states that for the ftp
and telnet tasks, netcomponents.jar must be downloaded from
www.savarese.org/oro/downloads.  However, the code of the ant tasks has
been changed to use
commons-net-1.0.0.jar for these tasks, which is now obtainable from
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons.net/download.html.  While I haven't
tried the manual's way, I doubt it will work since the ant code now uses
the new commons-net package names.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision Inc.