ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ishikawa, Leigh" <>
Subject Adding 'setName' support to the
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:45:20 GMT
The xml result formatter does not support the setName method, unlike the
plain text result formatter.  This causes problems in various ways in
reporting, and others have worked around it.  I've decided to make the
following changes to the source code, which I have compiled and tested
successfully on my system.

I don't know what the proper procedure is, but can someone from the dev
group review the code, and check the changes in.  You can diff the new file
vs. the original 1.5.1 release to see the difference.

The main difference in the logic is to move the output in the end Test
method, rather then in the smartest.  By moving it to end Test,
JUnitVersionHelper.getTestCaseName() actually pulls out the test name after
the setName is invoked, which happened after the startTest was called.  The
change is low risk, but should go through a code review.

Leigh Ishikawa