ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brennan Stehling <bren...@offwhite.net>
Subject sync files with Ant?
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 00:17:49 GMT
I would like to build a sync capability as an Ant feature but I think I
need some pointers with getting started.  I just tried to build Ant
1.5.2 and got some SAX problems.  I also need to know where to begin
once I can get everything compiled.

The Ant feature I would like to create is something that I would like
to use at work.  I manage a 3 tier development system where we have a
development, test and production environment.  I have an Ant script
doing all of the building for me and once it is built I want to copy
the files to the test and production servers.  To do this I want an Ant
process that does something like rsync, but to start it will just do
copying to local directories.

The sync process will do a comparison to check if files need to be
created, replaced or deleted in the destination location.  The behavior
would also need to be configurable.  I could create software which
would do all of this outside of Ant, but it seems like a logical
feature to add to Ant.

I would appreciate any feedback on this idea...

Thanks,

Brennan Stehling - Java Developer