ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob H - VSCM" <Anderson....@vectorscm.com>
Subject RE: enhanced pvcs task for PVCS version 7.5
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:00:49 GMT
PVCS task works with version 7.5 as is, unless you are pointing to a config
file other than the default. The advatantage to using "pcli get" rather than
"get" is that pcli is smart about config files, which has been a problem for
me with the existing PVCS task. I'm a little new to PVCS Version Manager, so
if there are other advantages please let me know. Of course pcli is pretty
slow compared to the old school "get". It would be nice if the existing PVCS
task had a "configfile" parameter. I would like to check out your source
code. Please attach it to an email and send it to the list. Thanks,

-Rob A

-----Original Message-----
From: cp533@daimlerchrysler.com [mailto:cp533@daimlerchrysler.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 12:14 PM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: enhanced pvcs task for PVCS version 7.5

Hi,

I'm a greenhorn to this list, so please pardon my mistakes if any.

I modified the pvcs task to work with PVCS VM version 7.5. Instead of a old
"get", I use "pcli get" in this modified version. It has been tested and
used in my project. I have tested on sun OS. I would be glad to submit the
source, if you'd like. Please let me know what you think.

I also think keeping the support for the old "get" may also seem important
for the community.

:o) Chandra Periyaswamy