ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob H - VSCM" <Anderson....@vectorscm.com>
Subject RE: ssh exec task...
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:07:08 GMT
Stefan, Attached is the documentation. I wonder if there is anyway to wait
for the thread to finnish? Does this mean that ant will report "Build
Successfull" before the command has actually completed (Yuk)?

-Rob A

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 8:59 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: ssh exec task...

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Rob H. Anderson <Anderson.Rob@vectorscm.com>
wrote:

> There is one problem with the sshexec task that someone should look
> into: I was not able to get the output from the remote command to
> show up in the log.

It works if my machine (the one running Ant) is under heavy load, but
doesn't otherwise. 8-(

The problem seems to be (from some cursory code review on jsch) that
jsch spawns a thread to execute the command - and the task may very
well be finished (and Ant exited) before the thread gets run.

> I will work on some documentation to go with it.

Great.

Stefan