ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Artima SuiteRunner Task
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:16:05 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote, On 26/03/2003 18.46:
> Dominique Devienne wrote:
>>Hummmm, not totally. If the AntLib also uses types, you need another
>><typedef>, which should also probably needs a loaderref. Since you now use
>>twice the classpath, if needs to be outside and refid'd.
> In ant1.6 the difference between tasks and types is very small. It would be
> trivial to load both of them at once.

It makes sense also because it's typical for tasks to need a certain
typedef, and separating the declaration is simply wrong in these cases.

> In any case, I don't quite agree with Stefan: the simpler solution is:
>  <path id="..." />
>  <taskdef resource=".. " classpathref=".." />
> I would love to completely remove the different treatment of types -
> i.e. a task is just like a type with an execute() method, and nothing else,
> and <taskdef> loades both kinds.
> That would be simpler than the current syntax that also require you to
> do a:
>  <typedef resource="..." classpathref="..." />

Do we have a real-world candidate for

   <antlib resource=".. " classpathref=".." />

   <antlib resource=".. "/>

   <antlib location=".. .jar"/>

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -