ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <k...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: JBuilder & Gel IDE Integration
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 03:23:29 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Paul King <king@asert.com.au> wrote:
>

>>GEL IDE for Windows
>>
>>License: 	Freeware
>

> Isn't very specific and the site doesn't seem to give more details.
> I've downloaded the latest RC to see whether there are more license
> details but the setup.exe doesn't do any good on my Linux box 8-)
>
> Could you please take a look and pull out the exact words of the
> license?  Freeware is applied to software licensed under GPL as well
> as stuff that is in the public domain.

To clarify, source isn't available but there are no fees or restrictions
on its use.  Checked with the author and he is happy with it being
described as "Freeware" or perhaps "Freeware, no source" if greater
accuracy is required.

Cheers, Paul.

P.S. Another suggestion: the external.html page has no internal
navigation to get to the three sections: "Tasks", "Compiler
Implementations" and "IDE and Editor Integration" and it has grown into
a rather a long page these days.  Perhaps we can change the wording at
the top from

"This page lists external resources for Apache Ant: tasks, IDE
integration tools, loggers, you name it."

"This page lists external resources for Apache Ant: Tasks, Compiler
Implementations, IDE & Editor Tools, you name it."

And make the "Tasks", "Compiler Implementations" etc href links to some
internal anchor tags?

Just a small cosmetic suggestion if someone is already in the file doing
updates.  (Sorry, I know I should be looking at doing diff's but I
haven't looked into how the doco is generated these days).

Cheers, Paul.