ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: subant
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:44:07 GMT

Dominique Devienne wrote, On 14/03/2003 17.28:
> Not really ;-) GUMP works fine. I'm not trying to replicate it. I'm trying
> thru other means though to build a project so that all its dependencies are
> correctly fetched (if needed) and used. It's more similar to Maven in that
> regard, while retaining the flexibility to use whatever ant build you
> need/want (just becomes a utility to simplify/help writing your build).

Hey, that's what Centipede does/wants to do! That's why I wanted info
about this, why duplicate things? I would simply substitute Centipede's
version with this subant.

> A GUMP-like build could be achieved with <subant> and what I'm trying to do,
> but minus all the reports.

Wanna use Centipede? ;-)

> Like I said, GUMP works fine, and we're using it
> (in a limited fashion), so rewriting it is a waste of time IMHO.

Who ever said that... Centipede projects run well under Gump.
That's not my goal, as it's not yours.

I just don't want to duplicate functionality between your code and ours.

> PS: I'll post the new <subant> with <buildpath> within a few weeks.

Ok.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -