ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: subant
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:15:42 GMT

Dominique Devienne wrote, On 14/03/2003 17.08:
> This is a completely different issue that I'm addressing independently.
>
> <subant> is not meant to replace GUMP. Its purpose is to build projects in a
> given order. It doesn't dictate the classpath used by these projects at all,
> like GUMP does. Each project is on its own to configure its classpath and
> everything. What it is guaranteed is that its dependencies have been built
> before if is built (provided that project's build is called by a higher
> level build thru <subant>. --DD

Yes, I ACK this, but I'd like to see if I can /use/ subant to have
Gump-like functionality.

For example, if you added an interceptor system right before each call,
I can do everything I like before each project call. In this way I can
subclass subant and make a "gumpant" task, that would be used by centipede.

Does this make sense?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -