ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.6 milestones ?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:03:43 GMT

Steve Loughran wrote, On 13/03/2003 0.39:
> That's the <import> task that doesnt have any documentation, right?

Jikes, you're right. How do I submit it, as the usual HTML page or the
@tags... I'm a bit behind the Ant documentation efforts, sorry.

> Maybe the thing to do is look at what major changes still need to go in to
> ant. Now that we have exploded optional.jar, we need to compensate by
> perhaps adding a boot loader process for running ant, so that win9x boxes
> dont run out of memory.

I keep getting "line too long" when I involke ant, because the script
creates a too long classpath... I'd like to fix this ASAP, any
suggestions? Shall I simply load in Ant all the jars in the ./lib dir?

> We also need to rework the documentation.

In what sense?

> The other feature I thought was on the cards was some kind of plugin
> mechanism that pulls in new jars better -presumably a manifest, and the
> appropriate extensions to <taskdef> to handle them.

Can you please expand a bit more?

As I read, it looks like <taskdef resource="tasks.properties"/>... for a
more enhanced feature, we have the "cents", but I'd move this
discussion-integration-whatever to after 1.6.

> I think together these would be core features that need to be up and running
> before we can worry about milestone releases.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -