ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Walters <>
Subject patch to specify user defined project class
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:58:35 GMT

I've never submitted a patch here so please let me know if this is not
the right way.

I've attached a small patch that's become very useful to me.  I used ant
for a project at work to provide an intelligent controller that ties
several related pieces of code together.  For this, I found it useful to
derive a class from Project to provide some shared state & code between
custom tasks I wrote for this project.  This worked out really great but
I ran into a small snag when I tried to use the antcall task because
there was no way to tell ant to create my derived class instead of it's
internal Project class.  To get around this,  I changed the two places
in the ant source where Project instances are created to use a new
ProjectFactory class. I also added a command line option to specify the
name of a project derived class for ant to use.

Scott Walters

View raw message