ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Krysalis Centipede, Ruper, Version to Ant
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:58:16 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote, On 06/03/2003 9.49:
>> If you think this plan is workable let's put this to a PMC vote.
>
> Yes, let's start with Ruper, and work our way one thing at a time.

Oh, one more thing.

Krysalis Version is active in our sandbox, and is an effort to get a
versioning system, that would be then used by Ruper. And also Andy is
working on metadata stuff.

 From a quick thought, I would think that these efforts would need to be
part of the "Ruper" thing... also since we have committers actively
working on it, would the inclusion in the sandbox not make development
harder at this point? What if I gave access to the krysalis repositories
till the thing seems more stable, so that you don't need to give pache
ids to our devs that don't have them...?

Dunno, just thoughts, I'll let the Ant PMC decide what they prefer,
we'll be happy with any outcome, as long as a download mechanism is
established :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -