ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Drost <jeffdr...@yahoo.com>
Subject zipfileset issue
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:04:30 GMT
I'm in the process of extending the 'jar' task (for a bytecode instrumentation tool).  I want
modify classes as they are added to a the jar.  I definitely want to be able to use the
'zipfileset' type.  It appears as though the following operation works with Jakarta Ant 1.5,
but
does not work with Apache Ant 1.5.2.  When I do this under 1.5.2, the destination jar file
gets
created, and appears to be the correct size, but I am unable to extract any of the content
except
for the manifest (with winzip).

If I run and with verbose mode, I can see that the first time I run this task, it thinks it
is
adding the files.

[jar] adding entry org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.class
[jar] adding entry org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl.class
[jar] adding entry org/jboss/system/server/ServerImplMBean.class

The second time I run it, the task seems to know the archived file exists in the zip.

 [jar] org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.class omitted as
org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl$ShutdownHook.class is up to date.
 [jar] org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl.class omitted as
org/jboss/system/server/ServerImpl.class is up to date.
 [jar] org/jboss/system/server/ServerImplMBean.class omitted as
org/jboss/system/server/ServerImplMBean.class is up to date.

So, from Ant's point of view, everything succeeded.  In fact, the unjar task works w/o problem
on
the new jar file.  The problem is with loading classes from the jar, and opening it in Winzip.

<jar destfile="D:\jboss-3.0.6\lib\jboss-system.jar">
	<zipfileset src="D:\jboss-3.0.6\orig-lib\jboss-system.jar"/>
</jar>

Is this behavior to be expected/understood?

Thanks,
Jeff