ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: URGENT: problem installing Ant
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:44:56 GMT
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:39 am, Cristina Surroca wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm doing a project with Postgresql and I need to use JDBC.
> I've got a problem installing ant (I use SUSE). When I try to execute ant
> is trhown this exeption:
>

>  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tools/ant/Main

What exactly have you installed? (RPM, Binary dist, built src dist??)

ANT_HOME=/usr/local/src/apache-ant-1.5.2

Is that a source distribution?

One thing you can do is run Ant like this

sh -x `which ant`

This will tell you what the Ant launch script is up to.

> my PATH:

Doesn't look quite right - it should include $ANT_HOME/bin not $ANT_HOME.

--
Conor MacNeill
Blog: http://codefeed.com/blog/