ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Parimah MehrRostami" <>
Subject Problem using Ant install command
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:36:10 GMT
Hi everyone.
I have installed Apache Tomcat 4.06. Have been successful running the
examples. Tried to build my own servlet by creating the following
  c:\my                      <--- index.html
  c:\my\web               <---- same copy of index.html (!!!)
  c:\my\src                 <--- LoginServlet.Java
Using "ant install" I compiled the program fine which have created the following subdirs
  c:\my\build\WEB-INF\classes      <----- LoginServlet.class
  c:\my\build\WEB-INF\lib               <----- empty
When I check the Tomcat Manager "my" path has been installed but it has "stopped" status.
So using manager tool, I remove and  install it which changes the status to "running"- Great
I am home free... Not really,  when I goto http://localhost:8080/my I do get the login page
but when I click on submit which should invoke ACTION=LoginServlet, I get the nasty
  STATUS 404 - /build/LoginServlet
  type Status report
  message /build/LoginServlet
  description The requested resource (/build/LoginServlet) is not available.
I have tried manually compiling the code and used Tomcat manager to install and run the servlet
but the same result.
I have a feeling I am doing something very basic wrong. I have checked to see if others have
had the same problem and I get pages and pages of search result and after checking 6 or 7
pages I gave up.
This is the only user group email I could find, have a feeling this is not a right place to
send this problem to, but if anyone out there could show me the light or send me a user group
email address which is the right one I would really appreciate it.
I have spend a few days trying to figure it out. Have messed around with build.xml, no good.
Thought maybe I should add LoginServlet to servlet.xml but could not get result out of that
one either.