ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: ant xdocs! it ran!
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:30:47 GMT
My take on this is hard-nosed.  Until we figure out a way to designate the required/optional
distinction, in **all** its complexity, I cannot consider this an improvement whatever other
virtues it may bring to the table.  That simple column is the most useful thing to me about
the ant documentation.  I consult it whenever I go to write a build.xml that uses a task with
which I am unfamiliar.

I know it isn't easy.  A is required unless B, C and D or E is specified.  Not fun.  But necessary
to any automated solution.

Here's a random thought of dubious utility (especially since I have no idea how you're doing
this) - isn't this problem similar to designing a DTD?