ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Proposed Release Date for Ant 1.5.2?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:15:29 GMT
Quick question for you. Can you use a different version of Ant than the one
Eclipse shipped with, and still retain proper Ant integration with the IDE?
Do you modify Ant in any way when shipping it? A few of us are working with
IntelliJ here, and having that guy force the usage of it's own Ant version
is just a PITA. Replacing the version inside IntelliJ is also a PITA IMHO.

I'd like to know if Eclipse fares better in that department. Thanks, --DD

PS: Seems to me that integration of Ant with an IDE should only require a
smart build listener/logger that feeds back events of the forked Ant process
to the IDE app.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darin Swanson [mailto:Darin_Swanson@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:08 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Proposed Release Date for Ant 1.5.2?

I am one of the committers working on the Eclipse Ant integration and we
would like to try to include the latest Ant release in the upcoming 2.1
release of Eclipse.
We have about a two week window left.

I had seen posts in the past indicating early February. Can someone give
us an approximate timeline? Or point me to the right web page :-)

Thanks for your time
Darins