ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: AW: ant xdocs!
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:14:27 GMT
If you mean you're a future "tool vendor" in that you'll be writing
your own custom 3rd party tasks, thats not quite what I meant.  Or are
you working on something bigger than that?

As for task writers - the xdocs idea is not something they need to be
too concerned with - the @tags to utilize are minimal on purpose.  The
straightforward tasks, in fact, would not require any @tags at all.
Only ones with exceptions like setters that are not to be exposed or a
task name mapping that is different need tags to affect the generation
process.

With <antdoclet> part of XDoclet now, the tool is available to
everyone.  Whether the module eventually should live with Ant or with
XDoclet is up for discussion of course, but later :)

	Erik