ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: ant xdocs! it ran!
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:46:52 GMT
I think the index should be sorted.
And maybe empty paragraphs (like "Parameters as nested elements" of
http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadoc/ant/proposal/xdocs/build/docs/manual/s
cm/vsslabel.html) don´t have to
be there (so without that header).

(graphic of Ant is missing in the top right edge).

And there are no samples.

Both (index and pages) into a frameset. (I would prefer frameset about table
because
you have the index page always at the same height if you scroll the manual.)

But, if fully generated a good starting point.

How it´s generated and how should documentation be done?

Jan Matèrne

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 02:47
An: ant-dev
Betreff: ant xdocs! it ran!

I have not checked in a couple of days, and hadn't even noticed that
the nags weren't coming, and I haven't a clue what changed to fix it,
but my prototype Ant docs (thanks to Bill's great DVSL work too!) are
now being generated by Gump.  At the end of the build you can see how
many categories and task docs were generated:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/ant-xdocs-proposal.html

And now for the docs themselves:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadoc/ant/proposal/xdocs/build/docs/

manual/index.html

The first page is a quick and dirty hack to generate an index of
everything generated and hyperlink it all from one place, so obviously
that needs to be revamped, but look specifically at the task docs
themselves.

What do you folks think?   Where do we go from here with it?

	Erik