ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: AW: ant xdocs! it ran!
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:52:53 GMT
On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 07:50  PM, Bill Burton wrote:
> I built it and the generated java/javac.xml, java/javadoc.xml and
> packing/tar.xml all have their respective XML files merged in from the
> src directory and in addition, the HTML looks correct.  So I suspect
> there's some build issue preventing <antdoclet> task from finding the
> the files src/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/*.xml.  Looks like the
> build/gen directory was cleaned up so I couldn't look at the generated
> XML.

Yes, this is very odd.  Works fine for me locally too.

Stefan (if you're listening)... any idea why during Gump runs that the
mergedir="src" wouldn't be working properly?  I double-checked XDoclet
source code for its task to make sure that mergedir is a File and not a
String, so things look fine there.  Hmmmm???

> Glad to hear that.  However, I assume it would have to generate most
> everything for the properties files.

Yes.  But its really not that slow.  Just about a minute for me to run
the docs-from-scratch target.

	Erik