ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: AW: ant xdocs! it ran!
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:40:15 GMT
On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 03:16  PM, Gus Heck wrote:
>> How should documentation be done?  That is what we are here to
>> discuss  and refine :)
> It seems to be that it is just a fancy form of javadoc... I'm in favor
> of pretty javadocs, but is this intended to replace the current Html
> manual?

Its much much more than fancy javadocs.  It's pulling out rich
information from the tasks, not just its API (although it might appear
a bit like that now).  For example, enumerated attributes (like 'level'
on <echo>) are extracted richly.  Speaking of which, I just checked in
a slight change to have the briefType shown instead of the full type,
so it'll look less Javadoc-like for the types of the attributes (and
tomorrow you'll see what I mean with <echo>).

I also committed a change earlier to sort the index page on category
and within category, so it'll be easier to navigate.

Yes, this is my proposal to replace the current static HTML
documentation.  Its really not far from being a solid replacement.  If
you see something there that is not to your liking, by all means let us
know.

	Erik