ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob H - VSCM" <Anderson....@vectorscm.com>
Subject RE: SSH Tasks
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:58:24 GMT
Now that jsch has changed it's license, are there plans to have these ssh
tasks moved to their own project on sourceforge, or included in the ant
dist, or ant-contrib dist? I would like to make an enhancement to these
tasks to support ssh keys, but I would like to be sure that these tasks are
going to be accepted by the community first. I have written some SSH/SCP
tasks, based on the MindTerm java ssh implementation, that support ssh keys
and for me it is a "must have" feature.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 5:17 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSH Tasks

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003, Dale Anson <danson@germane-software.com> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 06 Feb 2003, Dale Anson <danson@germane-software.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I wrote an ssh and scp task last month
>>
>>Any pointers to it?  Your task, I mean.
>>
> It's at http://sourceforge.net/projects/antelope,

Do you feel like putting together a blurb for our "related projects"
page for Anteleope?

> These are (IMHO) a decent start, but need some work, in particular
> the ability to include filesets in the scp task.

Hmm, even if jsch doesn't change its license, they could as well be a
start of a task hosted by jsch - unless you really wanted them to
remain part of Antelope.

If an ssh task is part of Ant or the library it requires, the user
will only have to download two things.  Scattering Ant, the library
and the task into three downloads will make it less attractive.  But
then again users are really in a need for these tasks, so they may be
willing do that anyway 8-).

> I'll forward your complete message to him and see where it goes.

I've subscribed to the jsch-users list and will jump in if anything
comes up.

Stefan