ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Should CvsChangeLog extend AbstractCvsTask?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 02:23:13 GMT
Well, I've got an edited version of CvsChangeLog that can handle the
"start" and "end" date parameters with a little more flexibility.

I've added an optional attribute, "pattern", which is expected to be a
SimpleDateFormat pattern string. I've modified the tasks "setStart" and
"setEnd" methods to have string parameters (as opposed to the "Date" they
currently have), and have taken steps to ensure the old behavior works.

So as I'm shamelessly stealing test case code from Stefan's
AbstractCvsTaskTest, I'm seeing that the ChangeLogTask depends completely
on the external environment for CVS parameters (CVSROOT, CVSPASS, etc).

Wouldn't it be desirable for the CvsChangeLog task to behave like the CVS
and CvsTagDiff tasks?

         Ken

J. Kenneth Gentle (Ken)    | Phone: (610) 255-0361
Gentle Software, LLC       | Email: j.kenneth.gentle@acm.org