ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: Trouble using user properties in custom Ant task, help!!!
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:30:32 GMT
Actually, I don't think I ever got around to posting the antcallback
task, which is analogous to antcall. There is an antfetch, which is
analogous to the ant task. These are actually pretty straight forward
tasks, for the most part they are copy and paste from antcall and ant.
The difference is that they copy some properties from the child project
to the parent at the end of the execution. Unfortunately, I couldn't
just extend antcall and ant because they both null the reference to the
child project at the end of the execute methods. You don't get all the
properties from the antcall back, you only get the ones you ask for.
Here's a simple example based on Barry's original question:

<antfetch antfile="${ant.file}" target="run.client" return="exitCode"/>
<echo message="This is the exit code of the client: ${exitCode}"/>

This would print out the exit code as expected.

Dale Anson