ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: AW: ant xdocs! it ran!
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:16:06 GMT

> I hate frames.  :)  But perhaps for the sake of allowing us to view
> this to discuss it might be a good idea.

I hate frames too :). Do it with css :)... it should be possible to do
some browser sniffing to give broken browsers (IE, etc) a different
style sheet.

>> How it´s generated and how should documentation be done?
>

> I don't understand what you're asking here.  You know how its
> generated, right?  Ant source -> XDoclet -> XML -> HTML

well maybe Jan knew this but I sure didn't... I havent got a clue how
XDoclet works. To you, I'm sure it's as obvious as the perplexed look on
my face would be :)

> How should documentation be done?  That is what we are here to discuss
> and refine :)

It seems to be that it is just a fancy form of javadoc... I'm in favor
of pretty javadocs, but is this intended to replace the current Html
manual?