ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New <exec> and <java> input capability
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:25:36 GMT

> Does it have any effect on <input>?

It shouldn't. When input, using the default input handler, reads from
standard in, that will get routed around the place a bit but eventually
arrives back at the real standard input stream. The inputstring attribute of
exec should be able to use any input read in with <input>.

> Maybe we can use the InputHandler framework here as well?  I.e. if
> anybody has an input handler that reads from a JTextArea it could be
> used here?

Perhaps possible - I didn't really look at doing that. There is a bit of a
mismatch, though. Inputhandler is prompt driven which doesn't really match
the separated input and output streams used in exec.

> Sorry, I'll really have to look at the code first.

Conor