ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Guidelines for unit tests/test cases?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:22:45 GMT
Ken Gentle wrote:
> I'm working on a patch for CvsChangeLog I'd like to submit and I want to
> play by the rules.  Are there any written guidelines for ANT unit tests?

Not a lot. You can refer to Steve's doco
http://ant.apache.org/ant_task_guidelines.html

which mentions something about testing. The best idea is to look through
some of the current tests for Ant to pick up some of the flavour for how
tests are done. You can, however, adopt pretty much whatever strategy works
for you as long as it works for everyone else too. For a CVS test, that is
going to mean having access to a CVS respository, which probably should be
the Ant repo, I guess. For that you need to make sure the test is classed as
an online test.

Conor