ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Christmann <p...@priorartisans.com>
Subject bootstrap problems on Win2K
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:28:20 GMT
I just checked out source from CVS, and am encountering 2 errors during
a bootstrap:

1.  NPE in PumpStreamHandler.start(): inputThread is null, since the PSH
was constructed (from Execute) without an input argument, so inputThread
is never initialized.  I fixed that by adding a "if ( inputThread !=
null )" as a pre-check before starting the thread.  But not really
understanding what's going on, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate
fix or not.

2.  Compiler error:
C:\src\jakarta\jakarta-ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\perforce\P4Submit.java:110:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method split (java.util.Vector,java.lang.String)
location: class org.apache.oro.text.perl.Perl5Util
                     util.split(myarray, line);

Where should I get the org.apache.oro library from?  Is it a prereq for
building Ant?

I merely commented out that line (since I don't need the task), and the
rest of the bootstrap process worked fine.

--
PC

Paul Christmann
Prior Artisans, LLC