ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: ASL in non ASF code.]
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:25:45 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote, On 07/02/2003 12.44:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Isn't it maybe a good idea to move ant-contrib as an ant.apache.org
>>subproject?
>
> I think right now is a good time to get the migration to a top-level
> project finalized (bylaws and all that), then to get 1.5.2 out of the
> door and then to ask such questions 8-)

Come on, it was just about stating an intention, not to be done today ;-)

Conor MacNeill wrote, On 07/02/2003 12.03:

 > If the owners of the code wish to propose all or parts of the
 > ant-contrib project to Apache, I would support it. It would be up
 > to the
 > PMC to vote on that, though (Hmmm, add that to the bylaws).
 >
 > Now, Nicola Ken, as a member of the incubator PMC, would that, IYHO,
 > be
 > required to go through the incubator?

IMHO I would say no. It's maintained by Ant committers IIUC, and the
community is very tied to the Ant one. We don't need to incubate a
virgin community here, or check that one external to Apache knows how to
function.

 > Unfortunately, IMHO,
 > the incubator
 > is not really functioning very well at the moment, which is a pity.

We are incubating ourselves, and it ain't easy %-)
But we're starting to mive, it's all new ground here, and we have to
juggle different views on what the incubator should do.

Finding an identity is the toughest part now.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -