ant-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Consumer <faceless1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SCP Ant Syntax
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:08:11 GMT

Why not have the syntax be optional?  For example,
<scp file="host:/home/chuck/*" todir="/home/gus"
identity="${user.dir}/.ssh/identity" passphrase="You
know it" />

vs.

<scp file="user:pwd@host:/home/chuck/*"
tofile="/home/gus" />

It would basically be looking for an '@' character
then if it's not there checking for RSA certificates
and passphrases.

For RSA auth, you don't need a user name or password.
Just your RSA certificiate and passphrase.  This is
very similiar to how SCP works on the command line,
and it would be familiar to users.

BTW, I tried sending some code to the list, and I was
rejected for being greater than 100K.  All I need now
is some tests for the task.  Documentation, the code,
and renamed packages are done.  I was going to send it
to the list for people to try out before I actually
submit it.

charlie

The code would simply parse the file/tofile