ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: SSH Tasks
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:27:07 GMT

well, my use cases are things like running ant remotely...i'd like to get
the output text _and_ the result code back.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Newton" <snewton@standard.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 09:00
Subject: RE: SSH Tasks

Just a shout out from the peanut gallery: Most of the use cases for
ssh I have are not interactive, but there may be cases where being
able to interact a la telnet would be useful.  From my point of view,
ssh is a tool used more like rsh/rexec than telnet, and I'd like
to see that simplicity preserved.  Not needing the authentication
of user/password is a big part of the driver away from needing
interactivity.