ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-antidote/src/lib metouia.jar optional .jar ant.jar
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:57:04 GMT
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:

> IIRC LGPL is compatible to the Apache License, right!?!

Sorry, this ultimately depends on whom you ask.

There are people in the ASF that will tell you that it is compatible
and others will say it is not.  I've not seen any authoritative answer
to that, but if we want to be save (I usually want to), don't use it.

> I'll remove it then, because it's pretty optional anyways!

If so, go with Martin's suggestion and make it pluggable (and send the
users to the download site).

Stefan