ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Comments on bylaws
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:56:47 GMT
Random thoughts ...

> A Committer is considered emeritus by their own declaration or by
> not contributing in any form to the project for over four months

I vaguely recall six months 8-).  Not that I see any problem in four,
just curious why you've changed it.

I appreciate that you've left out any automatic promotion from
committer to PMC member, even vaguely hinted ones like "typically
happens after six months".

Do we want to state something like "votes are open for at least 72
hours (a week)"?

Which kind of vote would require consensus?  Adoption of a new
codebase as subproject (something the bylaws do not cover yet, not
that I think that's bad).

Stefan