ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] FakeForrest is ready!
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:09:26 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Christoph Wilhelms
<Christoph.Wilhelms@impress.com> wrote:

> I have finished the FakeForrest Anakia/Velocity template and
> committed it to the proposal/ant-site/anakia directory.

Cool.  The only thing I don't like is that <subsection>s don't render
as prominently as they did before.  See the contributors page, in
Mozilla 1.2.1 there is no visual difference between "Active Members"
and "Bruce Atherton".

We used to render subsections like the questions in the FAQ (i.e. a
lighter shade of blue than a section) and I liked that.

Yet another nit, there seems to be a spacing issue, the table with Ant
versions in the FAQ and the following "I get checksum errors" are too
close to each other IMHO.

> For that reason it's time to come up with a multiple vote/proposal:
>
> [1] We want to use Forrest for ant.apache.org (because it is soooo
> nice ;))

Is Forrest up to it now?  I'd seriously consider using it in the
future, though.

> [2] Use the FakeForrest Anakia/Velocity template to generate the
> site until we converted the xdocs xmls to the forrest dtd and the
> project.xml into a book.xml.

I like the new layout, but then I have a tradition of not voting on
graphics issues 8-)

> [3] Probably stick to the FakeForrest approach until Forrest itself
> offers bixed headers (referring to Nicola Ken Barozzi :)).

Whatever boxed headers may be ...

> P.S.: I've already updated the templates to 2003 and if you want a
> sneak peak youst click here:

Or go to ant.apache.org directly ;-)

Stefan