ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Plans
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:27:35 GMT
On Wed, 08 Jan 2003, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> There are about 15 fixed bugs compared to 1.5.1, but nothing big
>> IMHO.
>
> Ah, OK, I remember seeing 1.5.2 being thrown about and thought there
> would be movement there soon - my mistake.

Not your mistake, mine 8-)

The classloader change in 1.6 (which package we force to be loaded via
the system clasloader) has been ported to the 1.5 branch - and it is
really important for people running JDK 1.4.  We had several Gump
failures related to it when Sam switched to 1.4.

> This does make me wonder, however, why we are continuing to work on
> 1.5 branch at all. If the bug fixes are not critical, why not call
> 1.5 done and work on getting 1.6 done with those fixes in place.

Waiting for the critical bugfix and then not having to track down the
less critical fixes as well?

> Either that or we decide there are some things to fix that would
> warrant a 1.5.2 release and focus on getting that done. The jar
> update bug has a lot of votes :-)

Yep.

I'll send a different mail on this issue.  This is my itch that I want
to see sufficiently scratched before we release 1.5.2.

Stefan